1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

selective surfing & Silverlight

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SnowbirdTax, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowbirdTax

SnowbirdTax Thread Starter

The computer I built has worked fine for years, then a netflix warning said I needed to upgrade Silverlight, since then it's never been right, after everything I could think of I called Micro Soft, they repeated everything I tried, finally said "at the time of the upgrade a system file must have got damegd.. We did a maintaince /repair reinstall, nothing has worked, now they want me to format my HD & start over.. That I do not want to do, as I have one of a kind speciality programs on here that I paid to download, that do what I need but some of those companies have gone out of business & the programs are not tranferable, can't be backed up.. So now I'm at a loss.... THE PROBLEM: half the site I got to won't load up, the ones that work, won't let me click any of it links it refers you to, example when I get a notification by email that something is new on NetFlix I can click on it & watch some things fine, however if it asks me to sign in it won't let me... I signed in here & signed up just fine, but I can go to USPS.com but I can't click on locate a package, I have to go use my wifes PC.. I can pay my utilities online & my house payment, but I can't use PayPal, I can go to my wife's PC & it works just fine, it's driving me nuts, any ideas..? HELP, Please...?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2 RAM: 4095 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 701301 MB, Free - 474013 MB; I: Total - 114442 MB, Free - 112128 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, K9N6PGM2-V2 (MS-7309)
    Antivirus: Several, use on demand only

On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

All virus prgs have been completely un installed & after not effecting a chage were put back in...

2. Lance1

Lance1

Welcome SnowbirdTax to TSG!

First, Lets bring down the text! I think I'm blind. I'll read through it though. But bring it down to a normal read. Thank You.

3. Lance1

Lance1

Sorry, tried to read though it be too hard on the eyes. I'll wait till you bring it down.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice