Self Rebooting?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Viper20184

I recently bought a MoBo/Chip combo set and everything powers up, but when it begins to load up windows, it automatically resets and starts again. I was wondering what could be causing this.

System Specs:
P4 3GHz w/ Hyper Threading
512MB DDR 2700 RAM
Radeon 9600XT
52x CD Drive
12x CDr/RW drive
PCI Wireless card
60GB Western Digital Harddrive
ECS PT800CE-A Mobo

Have you tried booting into SAFE MODE? That will hopefully get you into Windows so you can do a little diagnosis work.

Viper20184

Safe mode did not help at all, it would get to a certain file and then reboot. Somehow, Windows corrupted itself, I did a repair install and it booted fine. I copied my files to another PC and formatted the harddrive and installing Windows again right now

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online