1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Self taught Crystal Reports.. ???

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jae, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jae

Jae Thread Starter

Can anyone suggest a good book for self teaching crystal reports?

Thanks

2. khaki

khaki

Hi Jae....

Crystal is a tough program to "self-teach"
    (there is really a lot to learn... cuz it can do so many things!!!)

I have (and use) The Complete Reference : Seagate Crystal Reports 8 by Osborne.... and it's pretty good (it also comes with a CD :) ).

I'm sure that there is one of those "Teach yourself xxx in 21 days" books out there....
    but those tend to teach you what they think that you will need to know...
    and it often does not include any actual practical examples.
    That is my opinion, of course :rolleyes:

I do suggest the book that I mentioned above...
    although it costs $49.99 (US) :eek:

Maybe you should Google around for something (and maybe you will get lucky and find a forum that has a dedicated Crystal Reports forum :) .... and if so..... please pass along the addy :) :) :) )

Good luck
    :) k

3. GillIT

GillIT

I thought self-teaching doesn't require a book... just a lot of trial and error. That's the way I learned it.

The Crystal Reports User's guide (not sure if it came with the software) has been quite helpful although I have not done anything strenuous with Crystal Reports.

4. Allyson227

Allyson227

I've been trying to learn Crystal too. So far I have done a lot of trial and error and taking apart existing reports and seeing how they were done.

e-learningcenter.com has a very reasonable desktop computing package that includes Crystal Reports. So far I am impressed with the course.

Finally, Tek-Tips has a strong Crystal Reports forum - although it is a bit over my head at this point.

Hope this helps!

Allyson

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice