Self taught Crystal Reports.. ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jae

Can anyone suggest a good book for self teaching crystal reports?

Thanks

Hi Jae....

Crystal is a tough program to "self-teach"
(there is really a lot to learn... cuz it can do so many things!!!)

I have (and use) The Complete Reference : Seagate Crystal Reports 8 by Osborne.... and it's pretty good (it also comes with a CD :) ).

I'm sure that there is one of those "Teach yourself xxx in 21 days" books out there....
but those tend to teach you what they think that you will need to know...
and it often does not include any actual practical examples.
That is my opinion, of course :rolleyes:

I do suggest the book that I mentioned above...
although it costs $49.99 (US) :eek:

Maybe you should Google around for something (and maybe you will get lucky and find a forum that has a dedicated Crystal Reports forum :) .... and if so..... please pass along the addy :) :) :) )

Good luck
:) k

I thought self-teaching doesn't require a book... just a lot of trial and error. That's the way I learned it.

The Crystal Reports User's guide (not sure if it came with the software) has been quite helpful although I have not done anything strenuous with Crystal Reports.

I've been trying to learn Crystal too. So far I have done a lot of trial and error and taking apart existing reports and seeing how they were done.

e-learningcenter.com has a very reasonable desktop computing package that includes Crystal Reports. So far I am impressed with the course.

Finally, Tek-Tips has a strong Crystal Reports forum - although it is a bit over my head at this point.

Hope this helps!

Allyson

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online