1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Send Access form via email

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bobthebulider84, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobthebulider84

bobthebulider84 Thread Starter

How do I send a blank access form via email so that the user can enter the required information and send back to My database to be updated. I know that access has the table email function, however I want the user to use the form.

2. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

If there is going to be data added you will also need to send the table and query to. I would create a new database with just that table and form in and send that as a .zip file.

3. bobthebulider84

I like the collect data function that access has built in. I want the same thing, just my form "Or same format" not the auto email. When you have a lot of data, the collect data function makes for a long email. I just want the collect data email to look like my form and update just the same.

Thanks,

4. bobthebulider84

Can nobody solve this????

5. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I would suggest that you create a user form in Outlook where the person fills in the required data and that this form is sent to you,
    There you will need a amcro in your aoutlook to intercept this form, extract the relevant data and import it in Access.
    I don't know if this is possible but using the Infopath or something like that it should work.
    I don't have any experience in this but this seems plausible and that is if your Orrice version is 2007 or higher (which you don't mention)

6. bobthebulider84

So I still cant get access to send the email in the same format that my form is in. The buit in funtion works fine, I just want the email to look like my form.

Please someone help!!!

7. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I think you'll have to think in the manner I answered previously.
    Create a userform in Outlook where the coustomer enters the needed values and sends the contents to you.
    Create an on-line form or similiar. I don't think it can be done the way you want it to work

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice