1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Send notification from excel via email

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by FOS612, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FOS612

FOS612 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have an excel file from which I want notifications to be sent to a particular email address. I have seen several threads which are related to mine however I could not manage to do it. I am new to this stuff and need your help to explain the coding.

I have 2 columns (in red in the attached file) and I want a notification to be sent via outlook if the expiry is due within 2 months, 1 month and on the day as a reminder.

Another query I have is that this excel sheet will be used by multiple users. Will the notifications be sent each time a user will use this sheet?

Your help is much appeciated.

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    First to answer your 'another query' question, yes, if you do not filter on the sent messages r the username the action will take place with every user opening / using the file.
    The sender will always be the user that triggers the macro.
    There are quite a few posts with similar and I would even say identical situations.
    I won't promise you anything but I'll download the file and take a look.

3. FOS612

FOS612 Thread Starter

Hi Hans,

Thanks alot. I have tried out some coding which I found here however and managed to send emails through excel however emails are being set irrelevant of the due date is less or bigger than 90 days. I want that an email is sent if the expiry is due within 90 days or less.

I have uploaded the file with the work so far.

Attached Files:

4. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    I did some editing and added three columns (Y,Z,AA) you can hide these when using the file but for now you can see what they do.
    The formlas calculate the expiry date based on the value in N
    Mail sent is not used as a check but as a notification:
    Date sent is updated the moment you send the mail.
    I set the mail send to Save so you can see the Drafts.
    What is does is check if the value in Y >=date (which is today) and if date sent is blank or less than the value in Y it will mail
    The Mail sent will show the value First sent as well as the subject like will show First Licence expiry .....
    When the next date is checked the same until the last
    Should work.
    I changes the dates in N and it works.
    You will have to set the date sent to an earlier date after the first notification because it checks it against the actual date

Attached Files:

5. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Did you get a chance to check it out? Any questions?

6. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    ??????????

7. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    :rolleyes:You're welcome

8. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    This forum really appreciates people like you, we help and you promptly give us feedback, wow.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1154709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice