1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"send page" feature with Netscape?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jVirus, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jVirus

jVirus Thread Starter

I used to use Internet Explorer all the time and I loved the feature for "send page" which put the whole page in a new outlook express page and I could send it instead of just some dumb link. I have for reasons moved to netscape. Is there an option there in netscape for the same feature? I found the "send link" under "file" but no "send page" Anyway, maybe someone could help me out.

plz :)

2. hewee

hewee

There is a send page option in netscape under file and by right clicking. But it is just a link.
    You could save-as the web page and the email it.
    But your need the .html file and the folder it makes for what gets added to it.
    It does not make one .MHT file like IE where everthing is in one file.

3. jVirus

jVirus Thread Starter

bum deal. (n)

4. hewee

hewee

Sorry
    But if you have IE in the PC also you could use it to save the page as a .mht file and it puts everything in one file. Then attach it and email it. But who ever you email it to will need IE to see it.

5. jVirus

jVirus Thread Starter

I hate IE. that would be a problem heh.

6. hewee

hewee

I hate IE also but I have it on my PC still because there are some sites that you need IE to get to.
    Also have image programs and to use all the things that they can do you have to have IE. Don't know why because it also lets you pick netscape.

But like I said you can save the pages in netscape and then sent the .html file and the folder that has the rest of the page in it.
    Also it may be best to zip it up because if you sent any html to web base email accounts like hotmail they will not be able to get it to show up. Hot mail wants to have there link tru on any web page link pages and seeing how the page was saved and attached it has no link to the web so it becomes a dead link and you can't see your own .html email that is attached. So zip it up so that does not happen.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice