1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Send photo to Outlook

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by j.burtt, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. j.burtt

j.burtt Thread Starter

My OS is 2000Pro. How can I send a photo from a folder in My Documents to Outlook? I want it to show up as a picture in the body of the email, not as a JPEG attachment. Everything that I've tried makes it an attachment that has to be opened.

2. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

Hi j.burtt,

I know this works in OE and it's supposed to work in Outlook...

Add a picture to an HTML message

With the HTML message open, position the insertion point within the message body.
    On the Insert menu, click Picture.
    In the Picture source box, type the path to an image on your hard drive, type a URL (address) to an image on the Internet, or click Browse if you need to locate an image. You can use pictures in a variety of formats, including GIF and JPEG.
    Specify any other options you want. For Help on an option, click the question mark, and then click the option.

Lisa

3. Prof

Prof

Hi J.burtt
    In addition to LadyLisa's suggestion, try this.
    Right click on your picture in My Documents and on the dropdown menu click "copy". Go to your "new message" and right click on the body of the message area where you want the picture. Click "paste".
    Good luck.

4. j.burtt

j.burtt Thread Starter

After I changed from plain text to HTML, I could then click Picture.
    I was able to get the photo into the body of the email, but it was larger than the screen. Who do I control the size of the picture?

5. j.burtt

j.burtt Thread Starter

I found out I should resize the photo in Photoshop Elements first. Now everything works great.
    Thanks for the help I got from y'all.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice