Send to desktop (as shortcut)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MercZire

My little option thingy to send things to the desktop as a shortcut disappeared recently =|

You know, where you right click something, and you go to "Send To" and it gives you that little menu of places to send it.

I know there's a file somewhere that makes that appear... could someone send it to me somehow, maybe host it somewhere or e-mail it to me? And tell me where to put it?

I mean, I know the file existed because I've seen it before, it was in my Documents And Settings folder... so...

Hi MercZire,

Give this a try.

Type REGSVR32 SENDMAIL.DLL in the RUN box. Restart Windows (mandatory step)
If that does not help, proceed further:

Open Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) and navigate to these locations:
[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.DeskLink]
[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.MAPIMail]
[HKCU\Software\Classes\.MAPIMail] (if exists)

Backup each of the keys to separate REG files. Use the File, Export option to backup the branches. Once, backed up those keys, delete them from the registry. Restart Windows and run the REGSVR32 SENDMAIL.DLL command again.

Regards,

Hawk

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\SendTo
SendTo folder is hidden so in windows explorer: Tools> Folder Options> View> check Show hidden files and folders then Apply and OK.
You can place any shortcut that you want to use in this folder for the SendTo context menu.
If you don't have the desktop shortcut icon on the desktop to drop in this folder. C:\Windows\System (not System32) and you will find the Show Desktop icon. Create shortcut and place in SendTo folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online