1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SEND TO function

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Terryl, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Terryl

Terryl Thread Starter

Windows ME / I.E 6:

I used to have a function when I right click on a file, it gave me the option to send to 'mail recipient' ( the other functions are there e.g Desktop/My Documents etc..)
    I installed Microsoft Office 97 and I noticed that the mail recipient function changed to mail recipient via microsoft outlook.
    I did not want to go through microsoft outlook, so I deleted microsoft outlook to get back to just 'mail recepient' (via outlook express). Now I have neither one.
    I cannot find the 'send to' in explorer but I see it in the registry.
    I am not familiar with the functions of the registry, so I do not want to fiddle.
    Does anyone know how to get back the 'send to' function by right clicking ?
    Thanks
    Terryl.
    :confused:

2. hewee

hewee

In 98 you have the Sent to folder.
    C:\WINDOWS\SendTo

But that is not all your right options.
    You could just made a shortcut to outlook express and add it to the sent to folder.
    But I see in my sent to folder that My Documents and Mail Recipient are not shortcuts.

3. Terryl

Terryl Thread Starter

Thanks Hewee, just trying to make sending simpler.
    Now have problems with my hard drive, had to run a thorough scan which took 13 hours.
    Cheers
    terryl

4. chalky

chalky

5. hewee

hewee

Your welcome :)

Wow very long scan there. Better defrag your drive too.

6. buf

buf

Absolute best "Send To" you or anyone could want. I found it somewhere many months ago and now use it for many things but I also retain the use of the "regular" Send To menu.
    Click on this site and scroll to the Trogladite 1.2. I do not recall if this is where I got it from but the author says it is an advance version of the Microsoft Power Toys. Try it, you'll like it---I do and I use it at times :D
    The link is:http://personal-computer-tutor.com/abc2/v9/steve9.htm

7. Terryl

Terryl Thread Starter

Thanks Buf and Hewee will certainly try those sites. Due to my hardrive playing up, I am getting it changed nex Monday, so will not do anything till after.
    p.s I tried the personal-computer-tutor but got a non-available message, will try again sometime.
    Terryl.

8. hewee

hewee

Your welcome :)

9. buf

buf

Terryl, hope you have or will get that hard drive problem resolved and get back to effectively using your computer.
    I went to the site I gave in my earlier reply and I don't know what to make of the results that I saw. I did a Google search and came up with nothing. I guess the Trogladite people withdrew the software. I have it on my machine and have had it for many months and I do use it from time to time. I retained those "send to" links that I already had before I installed the software for the 1.2 version. It only added 'any folder' on the "send to" thing but that one addition gives me the option to send whatever I want to to either of my two hard drives or any partition and any file folder. It is a good; very good addition to the "send to". Hope this meaning I have tried to express makes sense to you. Most likely I have the program saved on a CD I would have made some time ago and if you want me to, I'll be glad to try to locate that CD and email a copy of the program to if you'd like. It is only 500+KB. Wish there was a way it could be captured here since it is--or was--free when I first installed it. Have to assume it still is but why it can't be found, we may never know.

10. Terryl

Terryl Thread Starter

Hi Buf,
    Thanks for your help about trogsoft. However, Chalky sent a site gabrielepointe.com/software/#sentotoys which has a sendto attachment. It looks promising and will use it. I won't do much now as I am changing my hard drive next Monday.
    Thanks Terryl.

11. buf

buf

You are most welcome Terryl. If you find you don't like the other, my offer is still there. Good luck with the hard drive also.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!