1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Send to LAN server - Which address?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by danp0, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danp0

danp0 Thread Starter

Can someone please confirm who's address I would put in "Send to LAN server" within firewall rules for inbound services.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Sponsor

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Whatever your Game Server is on your network i guess, but you haven't given us anything to go on.

What router is this?
    What game (I assume that's what it is) are you trying to set up?
    Is your comptuer the 'HOST' machine? If so then you would want to point it to your computer. If you are planning to be the host machine, you should set your comptuer with a static or reserved IP address.

4. danp0

danp0 Thread Starter

Its just the one nintendo wii im playing online with.

All I want to do is accept a friend request without wii crashing and play the game fully as it crashes intermittently when playing, (this is guitar hero warriors of rock) but without fail everytime I accept a friend request it crashes. Activision asked I open two ports, but no ports show as open. I allowed all on inbound and outbound within firewall rules and added the ports as services but this hasnt changed anything. Was on phone to ISP for 6 hours yesterday all my evening, still not sorted they were not helpful at all really.

My ISP said to put the details of activision/guitar hero in that field. Is this correct to do because they have misinformed me previously? How would I find these details if thats the case

5. danp0

danp0 Thread Starter

Router is a dlink 2640s wii originally had static ip but this didnt help either.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    what modem do you have? *EDIT* -palmface- just realized its a router/modem combo.

Wii shouldn't need port forwarding... I cant find a manual for this modem/router combo... is there anything like a DMZ on this router?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1016356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice