Sending a fax with Home Premium

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zoso420g

:( I just found out that you have to have a different version of Vista for their fax utility Can you send a fax with Home "Premium":eek: and how Do I do it :rolleyes: Thanks

You need Vista Business or Ultimate to get the fax utility included, you would need to purchase software from a third party to do it on Home Premium.

zoso420g

Thanks Bud. That's what I thought pretty stupid
of the Vista crew if ya ask me !!!What do they think that home users dont send Faxes Come on "Bill" Smarten Up Cause it would cost me another $100.00 To send a fax! To upGrade to Ultimate.No Wonder he's a Billionaire

Mind you, the number of people that have ever used the fax feature of XP would be very low, I would suspect 98% of Vista users will not even notice it is missing.

Many PC's only connect via DSL or cable, where there are other issues if you want to fax from the PC.

None of my PC's here even have any dial-up modems installed. The cost of a stand-alone fax machine is so low (second hand), it's probably cheaper than the software you would need to buy...

So true Kiwi. I have 5 pc's here and only 1 has a modem ( a laptop) and I have had the same fax machine for 12 years through every different pc I have had, and a fax machine is so much easier to use, especially for receiving.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online