1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending a fax with Home Premium

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zoso420g, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zoso420g

zoso420g Thread Starter

:( I just found out that you have to have a different version of Vista for their fax utility Can you send a fax with Home "Premium":eek: and how Do I do it :rolleyes: Thanks

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You need Vista Business or Ultimate to get the fax utility included, you would need to purchase software from a third party to do it on Home Premium.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

4. zoso420g

zoso420g Thread Starter

Thanks Bud. That's what I thought pretty stupid
    of the Vista crew if ya ask me !!!What do they think that home users dont send Faxes Come on "Bill" Smarten Up Cause it would cost me another $100.00 To send a fax! To upGrade to Ultimate.No Wonder he's a Billionaire

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Mind you, the number of people that have ever used the fax feature of XP would be very low, I would suspect 98% of Vista users will not even notice it is missing.

Many PC's only connect via DSL or cable, where there are other issues if you want to fax from the PC.

None of my PC's here even have any dial-up modems installed. The cost of a stand-alone fax machine is so low (second hand), it's probably cheaper than the software you would need to buy...

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

So true Kiwi. I have 5 pc's here and only 1 has a modem ( a laptop) and I have had the same fax machine for 12 years through every different pc I have had, and a fax machine is so much easier to use, especially for receiving.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!