1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending a Photo Email

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by realpayne, Feb 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. realpayne

realpayne Thread Starter

Anyone know how to send just the photo everytime it emails a photo it sends it in the photo suite software as well i just want to send the photo only help.

2. RT

RT

Not sure exactly sure what you mean...
    Have you saved the file and tried attaching it to the email? Or do you want to make it a picture within the email?

What is the file extention?
    What is your mail program?

What I mean is that your photo software should have the ability to save your images in different formats. Have you investigated that?

[This message has been edited by RT (edited 02-16-2001).]

3. realpayne

realpayne Thread Starter

Outlook express. when i scan a photo it sends it to my photo software. i save it as a jpg file and i send it to outlook to be mailed, it sends it as an atachment but when the person gets it and opens it it opens up in the software. i mean the photo suit logo apears and it opens up in the software they can edit it themselfs. Ill send you a photo if you want and you will see

4. RT

RT

I just got your email but it did not have an attachment, just your message,a duplicate of your post. I have Outlook Express.

5. RT

RT

I'm going to send you a photo (a small one) tell us what hapens when you recieve it, how do you have to open the file.....

I'm sorry that was just a a jpeg, not a photo, I'll wait for you response then try agian.

6. RT

RT

Ok, I got an attachment that time, but it wouldn't associate with any program that I have, well The "open with ..." dialouge came up, but no logo that you refered to.
    The file had the extention '.MAX' ,
    a new one to me .
    Gotta hope some one else can jump in with that..
    sorry I couldn't help more.... [​IMG]

7. RT

RT

Yes, you sent another that I could recieve in jpeg format. What did you do differently? Or perhaps, more importantly, what photo program are you using?

8. realpayne

realpayne Thread Starter

MGI PHOTO SUITE 2

9. RT

RT

Well I hate to admit it on the board but I don't know that program at all....
    but I know someone here does and can help you .

Still, I got the 2Nd photo you sent, so I wonder if you can do that to me why not to your others? Maybe it's just a "save as.." thing ?

10. RT

RT

realpayne, try this. Hilight a jgp file and hold down the shift key and right click. Choose 'Open with...' scroll down and choose Internet Explorer. Make sure the 'always use this program is checked.'

That should open the photo in an explorer window. You should still be able to edit your photos when you open them with your photo program.

[This message has been edited by RT (edited 02-17-2001).]

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/38776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice