1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sending access doc

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by samantha777, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. samantha777

samantha777 Thread Starter

I am trying to send a table from Access so I select the table I go to File, then Send To, then Mail recipient as attachment, then Select Format (Rich Text Format). The new message with the correct attachment appears from outlook express.

All seems fine but nobody can open the attachment after I send it!!! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks

Samantha. :(

2. squidboy

squidboy

I tried this feature a little bit. For me and my mail client (Thunderbird), it attached the table as text (rtf) but named it a .tmp file.

If I manipulated the extension of the file or just imported it into Access, I could see it, but not in a very useable format.

If all you want to do is send folks that data, and, they are comfortable with importing/parsing data into Access or Excel that might work. However, I would suggest you export it into RTF first or just send them the whole database.

3. ransford

ransford

If you are sending a table or query then when it asks you the format choose
    Microsoft excel 97-2003 (*.xls).

You can send them as *.rtf and when opened in word they should look like a word table.

The above works fine with either Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express, however with Thunderbird I can not get it to work. I can get Thunderbird to send e-mail from Access but not send attachments (well not that make sense)

Apart from the above problem with Thunderbird,I think as an e-mail cliient it is number ONE. It handle junk much better then either of the Microsoft products. (I also use Firefox)

4. coachdan32

coachdan32

Send the table to Excel and email the Excel file instead. If they need it to be in Access, they can import the Excel file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice