1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending Advertisment to business site un invited

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pmmanagement, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmmanagement

pmmanagement Thread Starter

We are in a jam...and have 10,000 sq. ft. of office furniture in warehouse that the warehouse is going to be demolished.

I'm talking about some really nice merchandise, steel case, unused hardwood conference tables and top of the line chairs,
    we want to sell it as a buy all deal, and will work with in a very reasonable price frame.

Would it be proper to make an ad and send it to some of the used office furniture dealers within a range area? And what would be the proper protocal?

We hate to do it, but will sell at at least cost. My husband was injured and is disabled and we had to put that part of business on hold, because I'm physically unable to deal with it and now this. I'd much rather sell it to another dealer at a good price...there are some very very nice items in this deal.

Would appreciate any help anyone can offer
    Thanks

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

I smell Spam !

3. pmmanagement

That's exactly what I want to avoid...I HATE SPAM...I have no intention of broadcasting. I would be to select businesses within like a 200 mile radius. And it would be very personal message to each on. What I was thinking of doing was in email message right off apologizing for intrusion, breifly explaining our delima,(abbrev. version of previous message above) giving them our name, company, address, phone #, etc, to contact us if interested and be very explicit that we will not initiate any further contact.....message in plain text, no attachment, no link

You think that would be tacky and rude? Lord knows I wouldn't want to offend anyone or heaven forbid commit Spam. My main passion is promoting security and prevention information.

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

i wouldn't broadcast it too far and wide, pick a few reputable firms that may be interested, perhaps a bankruptcy liquidator

best bet is probably go through a bankruptcy accountant (not that you're declaring bankruptcy, but are in need of financial advice etc) so that tax wise you're doing it right - they have all the contacts and info you'd need - and worth the fees at least for a consultation

5. pmmanagement

Thanks for your help...gave me idea to search for businesses that buy out similiar situations.re liquidation.. . (liquidator was key word) found great selection!! Amazing how someone on the outside looking in can shed so much light on one's thought process.

Thanks Again!!!

6. sekirt

sekirt

A liquidator will pay you nothing or close to nothing.

Mailorder is still a valid media for advertising and I would suggest that.

If you are going to limit it to businesses close by....a one time email with company information, etc; might work. Let them call it SPAM, who cares? It is not as if people don't buy from SPAM. They wouldn't keep sending it, if it didn't work. However, expect something like a 1% response.

sekirt

7. hewee

hewee

Where are you at Maybe members close by would love getting a good deal on what you have. :)

8. pmmanagement

I am in Lexington Kentucky......business name PM Variety Mart..My name is Madene Fisher..my email address [email protected] or my husband's [email protected]...
    We just became aware of the situation yesterday, and will try to get a better item list & pictures on our website this week. There is apprx. 10,000 sq. ft of items. also equiptment cash registers, fax machine etc. Chairs, solid wood conference tables & misc items, purchased new, never used. Number of metal desks(quality among steel case), office cubicles, many chairs, misc tables, and furniture shelves, file cabinets, storage cabinets, drafting table, just to name few items off top of my head. Handi cap items i.e., All for one price...No delivery.... Email us with any questions.

9. Davey7549

Davey7549

PM
    Sad situation! Have you thought about an business auction?

Also if those are your primary E-Mail addresses for yourself, husband and business I would not post them here or your spam will increase. Our site as many others are reviewed constantly by search crawlers some of with are used for spam address gleening. Most are for search engines such as Google but I am afraid yours would be picked up for other uses.
    You may want to consider creating another E-Mail address for posting this here which can be abandoned later.

Dave

10. hewee

hewee

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!