1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending an Email from Access 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TShaq, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TShaq

TShaq Thread Starter

Hello All,

I'm trying to send an email out of access. Once the user completes the form he/she clicks a button and the email is sent. Now, I have figured out how to send the form as an attachment; however, I would like the form data included in the message body. I assume this requires some SQL or VBA coding that I'm not familiar with, so any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

TShaq

2. OBP

OBP

TSaq, welcome to the Forum.
    Try this emailing test database that I put together a few years back, it takes the data from the Form and puts it in the email body for different email programs.
    There are 4 buttons, ensure that you unzip it first.

Attached Files:

3. TShaq

TShaq Thread Starter

Hey I do really like that and can probably use it for something else. But here's the idea, I already have the forms setup where the user inputs data related to a table. I would like the email to send the data within the form I created. Any thoughts? I think this is awesome, but doesn't exactly accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

TShaq

4. OBP

OBP

You can use the code that I provided by modifying it to the Field Names on your Form and adding any extra lines needed for more fields, if you have a look at this code

Body = Me.Body & Chr$(13) & [Text2] & Chr$(13) & [Text3] & Chr$(13) & [Text4]

You can add text to it where needed.
    The CHR$(13) is a line feed to move to the next line.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice