1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending Calendar through Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bobbi, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobbi

bobbi Thread Starter

Hi

We have a need to share calendar information with other agencies. These agencies have e-mail but are not on our network so the calendar cannot be shared to them. We want to send the weekly calendar through e-mail. Is there anyway to do this? I'd like to be able to send the same type of document you get when you print it. Is there anyway to just print the calendar to a word file?

I do not want my users to do the export and import stuff...way to complicated for them.

Thanks
    Bobbi

2. marioh

marioh

I don't know about exporting to a Word file, but you can export data from your calendar to a HTML page. Highlight the calendar folder in Outlook. Click on File, Save As Web Page. The rest is pretty much self explanatory.

HTH

3. marioh

marioh

You could probably do a Print -> To File as well and then just email that file.
    It looks alot nicer in HTML format IMO though. :)

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    IF they have Outlook also, you can right-click your calendar and hit File-Import & Export, export it to a PST file, making sure you know where it's saving it.

Email it to them.

They can hit File-Open-Personal folder file, and choose your file.

Oops...just saw that you don't want your user's to do that. Well, it would be far LESS complicated than anything else. You can export to Excel, but then they'll have to map the fields when they import it.

5. bobbi

bobbi Thread Starter

Thanks for the replys.

When I try to save as HTML it tells me to first install the Internet Explorer Web Publishing Wizard. I can do that, but then I'll have to do it for all users.

I tried the Print to File option but it saves it as a *.prn file. How do I open this for viewing?

I do not want to send the entire calendar folder (such as in exporting it) because it changes to often.

I just thought someone might know of a way to send the daily calendar to a viewable file that can be emailed. It just seems that within Microsoft products there would be a way to do this. Plus, for regular users the exporting and importing stuff is just too complicated. I have users who have to send a daily calendar to another agency.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

6. marioh

marioh

Crap. I tried to open the PRN file created by Outlook2000's calendar with NotePad and the formatting is all screwed up.
    I guess your company did the Outlook installation with the typical setup since I don't get prompted to install anything (we do a full installation of Outlook2000 here).

I can't think of anything else to recommend (client side). If you have an Exchange administrator at your place, perhaps ask him as maybe something can be done from the server end to meet your needs.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/49910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice