1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sending email from myself to myself - disappear

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by PageUp, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PageUp

PageUp Thread Starter

Hello,

I often send myself reminders via email, so I email a message from and to me. I have 2 email addresses and neither address delivers my emails???. I see the messages in my "sent" folder, but they never appear in my inbox... Where are these messages going? I have a new HP laptop with Vista. I used to be able to do this on my old computer..... thought I would ask here before I delve into Yahoo's email help or HP's Help or Vista Help. Maybe it's some werid security setting.

Anyone know why this would happen?

is it possible I don't exist? :eek: (just kidding)

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

were you using webmail before when it worked?

3. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

Hi PageUp,
    I have that all the time with Verizon and it's usually a message rule I created that catches me.
    Check your bulk folder at Yahoo in case something is tagging them as SPAM, also for any rules that would delete the message or redirect it to another folder.

Anything is possible. (also just kidding?):D
    T.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Had the same problem with Insight.
    My Emails from me to me were too short ... had to include some chatter.

5. HalTrout

HalTrout

There are free calendar programs you could use that will give reminders. You can setup an entire year of events. I agree with others that it's probably a spam filter causing your problems.

6. PageUp

PageUp Thread Starter

I was using yahoo mail - same email address and everything... it doesn't go into my spam folder either, I looked there thinking the same thing..... they just dispappear ... weird.

7. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

If they aren't in the bulk or spam folder and you don't have a filter set under Options that would delete them, you may have yourself blocked.
    Try adding your address to the blocked list and sending yourself a couple mails, then remove yourself from the blocked list. That should cause Yahoo to recognize you as being on a Whitelist.
    Usually anything that's blocked gets deleted, but you might get a bounce back that will at least let you know it got there.
    Of course I'm assuming you're using the web based Yahoo free and not going through an E-mail client with the premium Yahoo.
    T.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/675158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice