Sending Email reminders from excel to outlook using VBA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Andy9847

Hi all,

I am looking for help on VB script to send automated emails based on the dated column in excel sheet..
I need to send reminders to the email addresses in Column J & K to remind them that the vehicle registration in Column B is due an MOT on the date in Column M, also to send a reminder that the Tax is due on the date in Column P. these emails need to be sent 14 days before the due dates.
I also require Column N & Q to generate at date and time when the reminder was sent.
I would much appreciate any help with this as I am completely new to VB script, I have attached the file to aid in any help

Attachments

Hi,

I can help with this, iv done tons of these one here, MOT and Tax ones too. One bit of advice, remove this file and upload one with dummy data, this has registration details and email addresses which I wouldn't recommend making available to the world.

I have your file, I will work on it tomorrow but please remove the file.

Andy9847

Hi,

I can help with this, iv done tons of these one here, MOT and Tax ones too. One bit of advice, remove this file and upload one with dummy data, this has registration details and email addresses which I wouldn't recommend making available to the world.

Hi,

thank you its much appreciated, I will also do as you have suggested and remove the file

Andy9847

Hi,

As you suggested I have added a dummy program, thank you for the advise. I would also like to thank you for your help in assisting me in what I am trying to do, its much appreciated.

Hi,
Try the attached, when you open the workbook you will need to enable content (MACROS) in order for it to work. It should immediately generate 3 emails.

Notes:
I have removed sensitive data from the workbook and changed dates for testing purposes

Currently the emails that are generated are displayed rather than sent automatically. If you want to auto send then change
.Display to .Send

See how this works and let us know what changes are needed.

Attachments

Andy9847

Hi,
Try the attached, when you open the workbook you will need to enable content (MACROS) in order for it to work. It should immediately generate 3 emails.

Notes:
I have removed sensitive data from the workbook and changed dates for testing purposes

Currently the emails that are generated are displayed rather than sent automatically. If you want to auto send then change
.Display to .Send

See how this works and let us know what changes are needed.
Hi DB,
This works great and is much appreciated, would it also be possible to get it to place a date and time the email was sent in column N & Q

No worries at all, play around with VBA its really good and can help in many scenarios. We are always here if you get stuck or need help/advice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online