1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending Email reminders from excel to outlook using VBA

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Andy9847, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Andy9847

Andy9847 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I am looking for help on VB script to send automated emails based on the dated column in excel sheet..
    I need to send reminders to the email addresses in Column J & K to remind them that the vehicle registration in Column B is due an MOT on the date in Column M, also to send a reminder that the Tax is due on the date in Column P. these emails need to be sent 14 days before the due dates.
    I also require Column N & Q to generate at date and time when the reminder was sent.
    I would much appreciate any help with this as I am completely new to VB script, I have attached the file to aid in any help

Attached Files:

2. DataBase

DataBase

Hi,

I can help with this, iv done tons of these one here, MOT and Tax ones too. One bit of advice, remove this file and upload one with dummy data, this has registration details and email addresses which I wouldn't recommend making available to the world.

I have your file, I will work on it tomorrow but please remove the file.

3. Andy9847

Andy9847 Thread Starter

thank you its much appreciated, I will also do as you have suggested and remove the file

4. Andy9847

Andy9847 Thread Starter

Hi,

As you suggested I have added a dummy program, thank you for the advise. I would also like to thank you for your help in assisting me in what I am trying to do, its much appreciated.

5. DataBase

DataBase

Hi,
    Try the attached, when you open the workbook you will need to enable content (MACROS) in order for it to work. It should immediately generate 3 emails.

Notes:
    I have removed sensitive data from the workbook and changed dates for testing purposes

Currently the emails that are generated are displayed rather than sent automatically. If you want to auto send then change
    .Display to .Send

See how this works and let us know what changes are needed.

Attached Files:

6. Andy9847

Andy9847 Thread Starter

Hi DB,
    This works great and is much appreciated, would it also be possible to get it to place a date and time the email was sent in column N & Q

7. DataBase

DataBase

Here you are.

Attached Files:

8. Andy9847

Andy9847 Thread Starter

HI DB, This works great, thank you for your help on this, it has also aided me in my learning of VB scripts.

9. DataBase

DataBase

No worries at all, play around with VBA its really good and can help in many scenarios. We are always here if you get stuck or need help/advice.

10. Andy9847

Andy9847 Thread Starter

Thank you

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1180708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice