1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending Emails to 200 or so friends and family members

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by msxpip, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msxpip

msxpip Thread Starter

Does anyone have any information regarding the sending of mass emails to a group of people ?? (I AM NOT SPAMMING --- these are all my family and close friends)

I have the emails on a plain text list and was wondering if there was an easy way to import the list into hotmail or yahoo email services.

Thanks for your help

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

check the bottom of the yahoo address book page, has an import function - you can use a csv file exported from most email programs

why not try a group mail program instead, think yahoo would balk at mass mailing

i use group mail for my weekly 75 - 100 newsletter

each recipient gets a personal email, not the to: or cc: to eternity stuff - they see their name and their name only

you can import a text file of names and addresses for a mail list, import text messages, even use an html message (and people who don't have html enabled email get a plain text version you put in).

you use your smtp settings from your regular email (or even yahoo) so it goes through your own email account

works great!

did i mention it's FREE!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice