1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending files

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Wendyll, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wendyll

Wendyll Thread Starter

Is there a way to know if I am sending information from my device to another device remotely?USB?or mSpy type hidden? Or through things like Alexa or apps that cant be turned off my device Samsung experience or Bixby Google home mini. Cellphone is got to be telling my ex every thing. I talk outloud while driving...my phone is my only passenger? How can I stop all outgoing to other devices. I did not set up any & I'm so sorry I am extremely deficient in technology computer and cellphone. Oh I dont want to delete any thing just know if this occures. Thanks for your time and help even if it wont help me I commend this generous supporting of helpful answers to questions &not needing to add credit card. This is the realest way thanks .

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

FWIW, here is how I disable (or enable) the Microphone for all of the different applications on my Samsung Android smartphone:
    1. Settings
    2. Application Manager
    3. The three vertical dots Menu icon on the top right
    4. App Permisions
    5. Microphone
    6. The toggle [On] or [Off] for each App you see listed

3. Wendyll

Wendyll Thread Starter

Thank you for your time with replying to my questions. That is great advice . Is there a way to know if through USB to computer copying or mSpy or like it was uploaded.
    I know they hide the app by using a name that resembles something important, for example OPERATING SYSTEMS Reboot ..O.S.Reboot.
    Its looks IMPORTANT but I'm not gonna use or erase an o.s. reboot, plus its probprob not even doing anything because it needs to be selected by user for it to start. It would appear or pass for system app. .for us technology uneducated . Do you or any one know what Samsung s8 system applications are and what I might look for hiding in my files..I also have noticed some certificates that I think are shady.
    3rd party apps ; can they be able to survive safe mode like the mSpy type app?
    This is my 4th phone ..1st one was Google locked outta nowhere..second one got this looping Google account login start one day that after you entered your info took you back to repeat it all over? 3rd one former tenant talked with a current tenant and my cellphone got smashed & burried on snow but seemed to not have any problems 1st yr until USB& smart switch was a option..they went & got same phone as me ? I started using sandisk cards to sure certain files would be obtainable. My S8 is DOING THIS NOW....I START MY PHONE (turn it on) wait for the lock screen. Lock screen pops on & I enter my pin then press done..THE PHONE APPEARS TO ACCEPT MY INFO & START UP MY DEVICE ....BUT IT FLASHES & GOES RIGHT BACK TO THE LOCK SCREEN WANTING ME TO RE ENTER THE PIN I LITERALLY JUST ENTERED. SO I LONGPRESS THE POWER BUTTON GET SAFEMODE OPTION & RESTART. IT NEVER FLASHES BACK TO THE LOCK SCREEN FOR SECOND PIN ENTRY ON SAFE MODE? OR BEFORE I NOTICED MY PHONR POSSIBLY BEING REMOTELY CONTROLLED INCLUDING MY VOICE MAIL .I RECEIVED TEXT MESSAGES SENT AT 5AM AT 6PM & THEY SAY 5AM? I GET VOICEMAIL FROM 2DAYS AGO AFTER COMPLETE CHECK OF VOICE MAIL AND EMPTY IT . MY FRIENDS REQUEST TO GET A RIDE TO AMTRAK AT 1PM CAME 3DAYS AFTRR SHE LEFT &the time date stamp was from 3 days ago like it was that day? I'm needing all my information on this phone and will not FACTORY reset. Possible to change number? Or is the OS GOING TO BE THE SAME ALLOWING NO PROTECTION DIFFERENCE? ITS ALOT TO UNDERSTAND BUT IFVANY OTHER OF THESE YOU CAN ANSWER IM GREATFUL.

4. Wendyll

Wendyll Thread Starter

If you need any information on my device info I can be okay with it...thanks again.
    Wendy.

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

When I or my wife have problems like that we simply drop in the nearest AT&T service center and they fix the problem(s).

Also, since all of our personal cellphone stuff is stored in the cloud, getting a replacement setup doesn't take long at all. I even keep an identical spare on hand just in case one of ours gets damaged beyond repair.

As far as receiving messages late, it happens to us when we're up at our lake front cottage in the woods of northern Michigan. A weak cell signal delays everything. My wife was at home in Maryland and sent me a text (I was at the cottage) telling me that AGT was coming on at 9:00 PM on NBC (I think that's the right channel). I didn't receive the text until 4:15 AM.

Wireless (WiFi, cell, TV, radio, etc.) is not, and never will be as reliable as wired. It's the nature of the beast.

6. Wendyll

Wendyll Thread Starter

Thank you again for your time and help. Sincerely wendyll

7. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice