1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending full applications by email?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Lvr44DD, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lvr44DD

Lvr44DD Thread Starter

Hi, I am new to this so please be patient.

Is it possible to send a full program/application to someone through email? Also how can I send a full folder, not just a file? Thanks heaps!!!

2. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

It's highly unlikely that your e-mail provider would allow you to send a file larger than approximately 3MB. What application are you trying to send? If you or your recipient have dial-up, it will take quite some time to send a large file. You cannot directly send a folder. You would have to compress all the files in the folder into a Zip file using a utility like WinZip.

3. Lvr44DD

Lvr44DD Thread Starter

I sent my son my MGI Photosuit and he recieved it fine, but when it installed it said it was missing a .dll. Is it possible to send the rest of the folder to him as well as the application? Thanks!

4. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

It's illegal to share that software. Your son needs to pay for his own copy.

5. Lvr44DD

Lvr44DD Thread Starter

I didn't know that, thanks for telling me. He had a copy anyway, but his 2yr old lost it. We both got cd's with our printers. Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice