1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending HTML email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sushifiend, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sushifiend

Sushifiend Thread Starter

I want to send a little promo to my clients--I'm a photographer--with a few paragraphs of text, some small sample images, and a graphic header and footer. I formatted the content as an HTML page, but I cannot figure out how to send it so that it appears the same way on the receiving end. I've read about using "Insert text from file" in Outlook and changing the MIME type, but I guess I'm not doing it right because I just get HTML code on the other end. Do I need an e-newsletter service to do this, or can't I just do it from Outlook?

2. face1

face1

Easy with Outlook Expresss. if that is an option I can elaborate, otherwise, with outlook I have never figured out an easy or reliable method, and if you find one please post it. Thanks

3. Sushifiend

Sushifiend Thread Starter

Wow, it was easy with Outlook Express, however, feel free to elaborate. I can see some of the limitations. For example, my style sheets aren't holding up. Seems like I need to do the styles inline?

4. face1

face1

In Line style should work. However, not sure that all email clients support sytles in the same way as browsers, so there may still be issues. Also, be sure that all links, wether to style sheets or images are coded with absolute URL paths (http://www.yourweb.net/yourfolder/yourpic.jpg...etc)

Also, be aware that not everybody you email will have their preferences set to view your html page. No work arounds for that one, just some will not be able to see your page unless they manually choose to do so.

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If the recipients are businesses, in my experience the majority tend to have HTML stripped out to plain text, so the images will either not appear.

Or the emails will be quarantined, with programs such as Mail Marshal where the recipient has to make a request to IT to have the email released.

The third issue (as it happens a lot) is that image centric emails get flagged as Spam these days, due to the trick of spammers embedding their text as an image.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice