1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sending large files

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hibiscus, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hibiscus

hibiscus Thread Starter

Hello,

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition and use Outlook Express. I have been trying to send a file with a video clip that is 42MB, but it won't go through. I keep getting the following error message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject '',

then my account information, and then

Response: '451 timeout (#4.4.4)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have sent video clips before without any problem, for example funny commercial clips that others have sent me. This is a short video clip that a friend shot from his digital camera and put on a CD that I then saved on my hard drive. It plays fine on my computer so I can't figure out why I can't send it as an attachment on the e-mail. Can anyone help, hopefully with step by step instructions? Thanks in advance.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

That's a pretty big clip. Most mail servers have a limit of 1-3 megs. What's the largest you have sent before?

The limit has to be high on both ends.

3. hibiscus

hibiscus Thread Starter

Your question made me go check the size of the other video clips and I found that even the ones that were much longer in time, were way smaller in MB's. Is there any way I can reduce the size of the video clip, and why would it be so much larger than other clips that are much longer in time?

4. hewee

hewee

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Poor encoding, lack of compression, large window size---some files are way bigger than they need to be.

You could try your hand at re-encoding the file into a different format with differing compression (or window dimensions).

http://www.tmpgenc.net/

Or, you could chop it up and send the pieces. Just have those on the other end put all the pieces in one folder and run that .bat file that is created and all the parts will be put back together.

Chainsaw File Splitter

6. hewee

hewee

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/567607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice