1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved sending mms problem on Galaxy s8+

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by django47, Sep 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. django47

django47 Thread Starter

I cannot send mms pictures from my s8+. It was ok till I called Tesco (my mobile service provider) because £47 credit had disappeared almost overnight. I was told that it got used up by accessing the internet. I told her I always surf the net on this device without it interfering with my phone credit because it is connected to 3 Wi-Fi , she guided me to uncheck the "mobile data" button which says, "Access the internet through your mobile network"
    So by switching this off solves the problem of using all my Tesco phone credit on using the internet, but now I can't send mms messages.
    I need help, please!
    django47 (micky)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Data is required for MMS, if you want to use MMS you;'ll need to turn data back on. Does you plan have MMS included included in your plan separately from data? That might have been how you used up the data. You can also us data when you leave an area that has wireless but have apps that go and check for updates, feeds, etc in the the background.

3. django47

django47 Thread Starter

Thank you for your help, to be quite honest I'm well confused because this has never happened before. Now with the "mobile data" button unchecked I can watch youtube and my mobile balance isn't affected, but I can no longer send images (mms).
    Let me explain exactly what happens; I go to contacts and select my daughters name then tap on the message icon and type the text message, then tap on the paper clip, then tap images, and select which photo I want to send and it's uploaded to the messages, as normal, the message gets sent but the photo doesn't, the mms icon looks like it is trying to load with the streaming circle going round and round for ever.
    You are correct about needing the mobile data button on to send mms, but then if I go online it eats up all my credit at a phenomenal rate.
    This problem only started 36 hours ago, I know it can only be something in the connection settings has accidently been switched on or off. There are so many levels to these settings but being a layman, I haven't a clue what they mean.
    I don't know what to do, if I want to send mms I can't use it to go online, if I want to use it online I can't send mms.

4. django47

django47 Thread Starter

I've just had a thought, this week I bought a wifi printer, I do believe this problem is in some way related, too much of a coincident wouldn't you agree. If I'm right, it wont be straight forward and I don't see how you guys can help me here. I would like to hear your comment. (who said that technology will make life easier!)lol

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    As long as you keep your wireless connected to network then it shouldn't use any data except for the MMS. If you are leaving a place that provides you with wireless internet you can disable mobile data to avoid any data fees. You can keep data disabled at all times if you want and then turn it on only when you need it, such as to send an MMS. You can absolutely go online and send MMS at the same time too, you just need to have wireless enabled and all your internet traffic will use that, the phone always uses wireless first then fall back to data if the wireless is not available or not working, and only the MMS will use the mobile data.

How much data do you pay for? Or do you have none and pay per use with credit?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice