1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sending music

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Yada, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yada

Yada Thread Starter

Merry Christmas Gang! Would like to send a song, MP3 , I have downloaded to my harddrive to a friend. Its one of the Chipmunk songs and Alvin is driving me nutty.....I have the song stored in a folder on my desktop...how do I e-mail it to a friend? Thanks

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Hi Yada. :) Just an add-on.

If using Outlook (or others I suppose) you can also send it as a background music that they will hear as they are reading the email. Just select format>background>sound>and browse to where it is stored. Add it after you have written the email.

4. Yada

Yada Thread Starter

Thank you Rick and Doyce. I attempted to send it and after 15 minutes I gave up.... why does it take so long to send and is there an easier way of doing this? If I understand this right it is like sending a photo I have scanned? Sorry to be so dumb!

5. rkselby98

rkselby98

A lot depends on the size of the file. A .mid file will send much faster than a .wav because of the size of it. My guess is the size of the file you were sending was about 3M. If the same file were sent in a .mid format it would only be about 25K. The problems is you have to have a special program to convert them,

The other thing is the speed of the modem you are using.

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

There are two things you can try. I cant say that they will work, or, how it will affect a sound file.

In Outlook, go to tools>accounts>click on and highlight the mail provider for Outlook>click properties>advanced tab>increase the slide bar for server time outs and check the send box for "break apart messages larger than".

7. ezymony

ezymony

Doyce I have outlook 5.0 where do i find format to add background music to my email?

8. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

When you select to send a new message, it should be one of the options at the top.

9. ezymony

ezymony

found it thanks Doyce......ezymony Anniston,Alabama

10. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Well how about that. Gadsden. :D

Howdy neighbor.

11. ezymony

ezymony

How bout that i run a route in gadsden every day for the past 7 years

12. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Do you go up on the mountain? I work in Anniston at M&H Valve.

13. ezymony

ezymony

I know some people there leon dodd wardy warren wendell reid and a good many more

14. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Use to have coffee every morning with Wendell before he retired. See Wardy every day. I work in the Patternshop.

15. ezymony

ezymony

I live right down the road from wendell he is my bug man he is really enjoing his retirement

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice