1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sending pictures over to laptop

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by barbaranna, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barbaranna

barbaranna Thread Starter

Don't know much about this but all my pictures are on this computer and I am getting a new laptop.I have a cd-rw drive D and a cd drive E and both are not working properly. The gears wont open the drives. How can I get my pictures from here to the new computer. I have quite a few. I thought about emailing them to me and then they would be on my yahoo but it would take forever

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Do you have a USB flash drive?

[​IMG]

3. Hughv

Hughv

4. barbaranna

what is a flash drive , how much and how does it work?

5. Hughv

Hughv

6. barbaranna

I took your advice and downloaded the Picasa, but nned to learn about it. Can you tell me is this a site that anyone can look at your pictures without your permission? I noticed in the left hand corner it shows people and says 1 and shows a percentage . What is that?

7. Hughv

Hughv

You can set permissions for each album.
    Look for "Change how your albums are shared" at the top of the page.
    That "People" and 1 has to do with Google Plus, so don't worry about it until you use G +

8. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    In addition to the flash drive once you get them transferred to the new computer depending on how many pictures you have you can burn them to a cd/dvd and they will be safe in the event the computer should ever crash. I would think there is a privacy setting on there that you can use so that only you or friends and family can view the pix.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!