1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sending pictures via email

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Barbara Webb, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara Webb

Barbara Webb Thread Starter

Hi there. I am wondering about the security of sending pictures via email. Example: I have a camera dock and upload pictures from my digital camera into my email and send them to friends. Are the pictures flying around in cyber space. Actually I send pictures of my grandchildren and family and wonder how safe it is to do that. I understand that pictures only come through cyber space, I hope this is the correct term, in number form and not just as a picture and that the only way they can be viewed by another person is if they are stored on a server. I am not really that worried but am curious more than anything. I am no where close to being a computer geek so please tell me in plain english. lol I was in the Air Force several years ago and did punch cards for the huge mainframe computer and I have a desk top PC for email and news but that is it for my huge experience. Thank you for your time. Barbara

2. bp936

bp936

don't worry about SENDING pictures, only worry about receiving email with an attachment that has an executable file. But if you have an Internet Security program, Virus and Spam checking program that is often updated and have the firewall up, you should be ok.
    Reading through the Security forums here will help you to learn a lot and to know what to watch out for.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/762667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice