sending scanned messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

josie annah

Desperation sends me back to the Tech guy!! You have been so helpful in the past. I need plain old english words that I will understand please. I have a mustek scanner1200 which is very simple to operate. I could lift the lid, scan,put it in my e-mail, address it, and send as an e mail- but all of a sudden, it brings up a different kind of e mail form and makes my item a jpg file, and then it says something about hot mail account not available--I use microsoft picture it express. and I don't use a hot mail address. I also have internet explorer on my computer, could this be what is causing it to have a different mail mode?I use my netscape for mail. Hope you can give me some advice. Thank you Josie

Go into Internet Explorer.....go to Tools>Internet Options and then the programs tab. Under the Email item select the email program you want.

Hi Josie – you don’t have to be desperate to come here. You seem to have two separate problems. Perhaps someone who uses Netscape can help you sort out why it is trying to access Hotmail and fix it.

When you scan something it is like taking a photo of it. The computer sees it sort of like a newspaper photo if you look at it through a magnifying glass – just a bunch of dots. It stores the picture as an image file like .jpg.

For the computer to use a page of text you scan as a text file rather than a picture, it has to run the picture through an optical character recognition (OCR) program which scans the picture and translates it into text. Most scanners come with OCR software.

Regular e-mail has to be a text file. If you want to send a picture it has to go as an attachment.

It seems that your scanner was set up to run OCR on scanned text to convert it to a text file before sending it to the e-mail. You now seem to have it set to just send the straight scan to the e-mail, and the only way it can send it is as an attachment.

I don’t have a Mustek or have any idea of what software it is running. Now that you have an idea of what might be happening, perhaps you could find a setting to scan it as text or convert it to text. Perhaps a help file or documentation could assist you in doing that.

josie annah

As Usual, you folks are wonderful!!- I wonder if you have any idea what a relief it is for us older users to have someone to ask ?? of and get such speedy, courteous,and correct replies?--I went into internet explorer, to programs, and sure enough for some reason it was listed that IE was my mail program--don't know how or why, but I changed it, sent myself a scan, got it, opened it, and hugs to you for the help, it worked. Thanks again for your help, I'm sure I will be back again one day. Till then, Josie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online