1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sent message folder full

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by fredg10000, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fredg10000

fredg10000 Thread Starter

I am unable to send e-mail from either a bellsouth account or a gmail account. I get an error message telling me the sent folder is full. I am unable to delete the folder content by simply clicking on it, hiliting and deleting.

I still receive incoming from the bellsouth account.
    The gmail is the primary account in use.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi fredg10000

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Looking at your Computer specs. what does XP 07', mean?
    Would that be Windows XP with Internet Explorer version 7?
    Or, perhaps, Office 2007?

Can you drag messages, out of the Sent Items folder, to another folder?
    Or, right click a message and select Move to another folder?

What e-mail program are you using?

3. hewee

hewee

If your talking about your ISP maybe your leaving your email on the server.
    On thunderbird you need to go to the account settings and to the server setting and your see "Leave message on server" and if it is checked you need to uncheck. If checked you can be at any computer and download your email and still have a copy at the server.
    You may be able to tell if you can login to your email from your ISP web base email.
    If you can not do that then go to one of these here. Your need to use the very same user name and password you use to get to that email account.

http://mail2web.com/

http://www.mailonthenet.com/cgi-bin/mailonthenet.cgi

Now your be able to see all the email that is at the server of yours and all pass emails you have downloaded if you have email that is being left at the server.

4. fredg10000

EA, yes to all. Windows XP, Explorer 7 and Office 07'.

hewee, I can not drag or right click from sent folder to another folder nor can I delete my trash now. I receive a message interface returned for unknown error message when I try to delete.

My outgoing mail is now being returned as mail delivery subsystem errors whether it be a first generation message or a reply or forward.

I basically have no functioning e-mail at this point with the exception of incoming which is very slow to receive.

I have also checked both the bellsouth and gmail accts. The leave on server box is not checked.

Thanks for the help.

5. fredg10000

I have also been getting a constant pop up asking to enter my network password. It shows the mail.bellsouth.net address with my user name and password already correctly filled out. I have checked the save box and ok several times as well as the cancel button several times with no help.

Could this all be tied together?

6. hewee

hewee

So you checked your account with the link above and looked to see if any mail is at the server?

What changed after this started happen in the sent folder and getting the constant pop up asking to enter my network password?
    You install any new programs or upgrade any programs?
    Did you add a router?

What email program are you using?

7. fredg10000

hewee,

I am using Outlook 7. I have not installed any new hardware recently.
    I did run a repair on Office 2007 to see if that might correct it. Nothing there.

This came on randomly. The network pop up started appearing on my computer and my phone, e-mail linked to a Palm windows based cell.
    Everything had been working fine for ore than two weeks after that connection.

I then received a message on Tuesday stating I could not send any more messages because my "sent " folder was full. They would be sent to my outbox. They are there.

When I tried to delete my sent folder and trash bin, I received the prompt that they were full. I have been able to empty a few messages, typically one at a time, but that doesn;t free up any space to allow more messages to be sent.

8. hewee

hewee

I don't use Outlook so other can help you better. But do you have lots of email in the inbox? If so make another folder and move email from the inbox to that new folder.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice