1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SEO Quandry

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Mklangelo, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mklangelo

Mklangelo Banned Thread Starter

Good morning to all,

I'm launching a Website very soon and have had some disappointing experiences with professional SEO people.

First of all, 90% don't answer their phone and the other treat my little site like it's beneath them.

So, I've decided to learn what I can on my own.

Can anyone point me to some reliable/up to date resources on the topic? E.g., books, websites, reasonably priced professionals that actually answer their phone?

I have done some Keyword research and do plan on adding Google Analytics to the site but I think much of what I find out there as far as free resources go, is out of date.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you could offer.

2. challapradyumna

challapradyumna

I dont know what a Professional SEO would do but According to me Paying for SEO is a waste . Just Google it and there are many resources teaching how to do it.

Basics are 1) Metadata above each page. 2) First H1 tag should represent the whole page data. 3) More keywords in the following text.

3. Mklangelo

Thanks, Challa,

I'll do some homework on these terms.

Can anyone recommend a source to turn to with some up to date info on the subject for the novice?

Thanks!

4. sepala

sepala

Paid people might have good knowledge and some tricks, but what they do is same as what you can do. Only difference is, they take money :D

5. Mklangelo

I'm certainly getting that impression from the arrogant pricks I've been talking with on the phone.

They think they're all big shots.

But there are so many resources on the net that I really don't know which one to trust.

6. sepala

sepala

Yes they are. I heard some of they simply charge number of dollars JUST FOR TALKING, and even without giving advice.

7. challapradyumna

challapradyumna

There are some common tricks you can adopt to your site like the ones i have mentioned . SEO optimization is making your page more readable to search engine crawlers. Get a more inside of how these crawlers work and what can yo do to make your site more Crawler friendly.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice