1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

serching for boot record..ok then nothing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gigrog, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gigrog

gigrog Thread Starter

recently my computer wouldn't boot at at all...replaced the power supply still nothing...someone told me it was the motherboard...replaced that..it begins to boot get the message searching for boot record on ide-0..ok then nothing happens at all...have tried every jumper setting available for the hard drive it's a samsung...any suggestions would be much appreciated

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Can you access the bios setup and see if the hard drive appears there? Also, for any IDE channel you have nothing on, set it to none.......

3. gigrog

gigrog Thread Starter

yes i can access bios set up...i let the menu auto detect and the and it brings up the h/d..when the menu auto detects it only set up the primary master (hd) and secondary master (cdrom)

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

And you save changes coming out, even though it may appear that you've made none? Then what happens?

5. gigrog

gigrog Thread Starter

yes i do save when i come out...changes remain...begins to boot...still says searching for boot record from ide-0..ok
    then nothing...my brother thinks that my bootable record file is corrupt...what do you think? thanks so much for your help by the way

6. Lurker1

Lurker1

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice