Serial (killer) problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chredge

Hi all,

I'm having difficulties trying to get my DV camcorder to function again through the serial ports on the back of my PC (it used to work fine) as my PC doesn't seem to recognise it's existance anymore.

Having 'right clicked' on 'my computer' and gone through 'properties' to view the 'system properties' I noticed that all my serial ports appeared to be already taken (or so it seems because there were no cables in any of the ports at the time). Clicking on ' Modem' in the system properties list displayed this -

Parallel Cable on LPT1
Serial Cable on COM2
Serial Cable on COM3
Serial Cable on COM5

Does this mean that all my serial ports are taken??? If so, what could I do to rectify this problem?

Cheers,

C h r e d g e.
Does this

wacor

Banned
well since nobody has chimed in i will at least give this a go and if nothing else get the thread requeued

go into device manager and see if anything is marked red or yellow

start>>right click My Computer>>Properties>>Hardware>>Device Manager

chredge

Hi wacorsaut,

The only thing marked in red (little red cross) is 'Gameport' within Sound, Video and game Controllers.

Cheers,

C h r e d g e.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online