1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serial/PS2 mouse problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrRoc, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrRoc

MrRoc Thread Starter

I am unable to get both a serial mouse (for a video projector) and a PS2 mouse to work at the same time on a new computer running Win98. I just built the computer so everything is new. Both mice work when when booted up and plugged into their respective ports, but not at the same time. The Win95 machine that this replaced had no problems with this setup. Is there some Win98 setting that I'm missing because I know that it can be done?

2. deuce

deuce

Try using a PS/2 mouse and an USB mouse. Serial mice aren't all that great anyway. (hell... chances are that serial mice might not even be supported by win98 :rolleyes: ) You can get a really good (I mean generic) optical USB mouse for like $12. Otherwise, I'm sure trackball USB is even cheaper. You could also get a basic PS/2 mouse and an USB to PS/2 adapter. Using a PS/2 and USB should work...

3. MrRoc

MrRoc Thread Starter

I'm sorry that I didn't make it clear that the serial part of the equation is not optional - it's built into the video projector and is operated through the remote control. The connection between the projector and the computer is a fair distance, so there really is no other way around it. What I'm looking for is WHY it's not working, not a work around, but thanks anyway.

4. deuce

deuce

oh ok... sorry.

so what exactly is the problem?... please explain your setup a little more for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice