1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SERIOUS Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toxonuts, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toxonuts

Toxonuts Thread Starter

Alright, so I've had a lot of problems with my computer and headsets over the last few months..

- First, I had a Logitech G930 wireless headset that would randomly CRUNCH extremely then shut off (See post on Logitech's site: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headp...-Breaking-Flash-No-Sound-and-more/td-p/896088)

- Then, in hopes of ending my problems, I bought a new headset (SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB).. This headset RANDOMLY shuts off, just as my Logitech headset did.

(*As I posted this thread, my headset randomly turned off, and just turned back on. This is the first time I've noticed this happen, but regardless, this is abnormal).

Here are my computer specs:

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4
    Deneb 45nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    BIOSTAR Group A785G3 (CPU 1)
    Graphics
    DELL S2209W ([email protected])
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)
    Hard Drives
    244GB Seagate ST3250620NS ATA Device (SATA)
    977GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA)
    Optical Drives
    PMTSTCT PUV0HIVOH SCSI CdRom Device
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-116D ATA Device
    Audio
    USB Audio Device

----

One BIG problem with this is.. After the device(s) decide to randomly turn off, YOU CANNOT disable them in Sound control.. Once you press (Disable this Device), it immediately freezes up and just goes to NOT RESPONDING. When shutting down the computer, I have to force shut down (hold down the power button) , because it is stuck on closing explorer.exe (playing the logoff/shut down sound).

I feel like this could just be faulty Sound Ports / USB Ports, but I can't be too sure quite yet. The Logitech headset was Wireless but used USB ports,and my current headset uses a Virtual Sound Card that uses the USB, in which you plug in the Audio Jacks.

I also noticed whenever using Flash Heavy websites (HotNewHipHop in SPECIFIC), the crunchiness usually happens more. And when I change tabs in Google Chrome I can hear a slight crunching sound.

-----

One thing I've noticed that might help solve the problem: When I'm playing games & on Skype, the headset almost always has occassional crunching sounds.. I really have been trying to fix this problem for 5+ months and I'm just running out of ideas. Maybe I've downloaded the wrong Audio Drivers?
    -----

Both of these headsets are >$100 (Logitech G930 was $150, SteelSeries Siberia was $120).. So I'm almost certain it isn't the headset themself being faulty, but possibly my computer?

I posted this in Hardware because it felt like the best place for it. Hope someone can help me here !! Thanks so much

2. Toxonuts

Toxonuts Thread Starter

Really hope someone can help me out here </3

3. Toxonuts

Toxonuts Thread Starter

I have been trying to figure out the problem, so here's a little something. After my sound cut off, I checked in Event Viewer and had these 3 errors. The 'Application Hang' was in WoW.exe (World of Warcraft) after the sound broke. Service Control Manager stated "The AODDriver4.2 service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.", and DistributedCOM said "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
    and APPID
    {344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

Error 1/24/2013 11:44:06 AM DistributedCOM 10016 None
    Error 1/24/2013 11:42:05 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None
    Error 1/24/2013 11:38:55 AM Application Hang 1002 (101)

4. Toxonuts

Toxonuts Thread Starter

Alrighty, I don't even know why I keep posting here (seems like nobody has a clue what the problem is). I uninstalled Skype AND World of Warcraft fully, deleted the registries and all. I'm narrowing down the problem to be either World of Warcraft or Skype currently, as I've had no problems with crunching or sound breaking YET.

Hopefully a clean install of both these programs can hold some use here... If not, I'm just going to explode :{

5. Toxonuts

Toxonuts Thread Starter

After the clean install of World of Warcraft + Skype, I had an entire night of CRUNCHLESS audio. It was so beautiful.

The next morning (today), I'm hearing slight crunching again... What in the world can even cause this? I'm truly starting to think this problem can't be fixed without re-installing my OS, which I would really rather not do.

-Drivers are updated
    -.NET frameworks, Flash Player, etc. are all up to date
    -No viruses or malware on my computer

I'm trying to narrow down what causes the problem, but it really is almost impossible. The crunch only lasts for a few seconds then it may be a few seconds or even a few hours before it happens again. I'm going to point the finger at Skype for the problems until I can figure this out.

I would LOVE some output by anyone on the forum here. Maybe someone can lead me in the right direction here?

6. Toxonuts

Toxonuts Thread Starter

:( :( :( Somebody, help me!

7. Toxonuts

Toxonuts Thread Starter

I >fully< disabled all outgoing sound in WoW, turned off all settings, and the problem seems to be coming from a third-party software I use. If the problem comes up again I will be back.. To talk to myself.. In this thread.. All alone.. Forever

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice