1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

serious computer problems, please help!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bordaz, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bordaz

bordaz Thread Starter

So,
    for about a week now, these things have been happening to my computer (Dell studioxp w/ windows vista):

-no flash videos (have installed, uninstalled flash 10.1 for firefox to no effect)
    -internet explorer has stopped working (i use firefox and recently uninstalled chrome, but explorer won't work)
    -SQM consolidator has stopped working

i got rid of chrome because of the video problems, but they still persist. All three of these malfunctions started at the same time, and no matter what i do, i cannot view flash videos on my computer.

I think all these issues are part of a larger problem, but i don't know what that would be. any ideas? (my scans of the system haven't found anything out of the ordinary)

Ben

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Firefox and Internet Explorer both use Control Panel/Internet Options. When both don't work, I would try using Internet Options/Advanced Tab/ Reset button.

The most recent version of Flash is 10.1.102.64. You can check your version.

According to this site: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_windows_SQM_consolidator_in_windows_vista SQM Consolidator is not really an essential piece, so I woudn't worry about it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice