1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

serious error every time i shut down XP...why?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hannas, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannas

hannas Thread Starter

Hey everyone

I have been doing a weeeeee bit of oc'ing and now every time I shut down windows it all seems normal...BUT...when i reboot i get a message saying the system has recorvered from a serious error and one of the 'send error report' things.

this is all the info i could get from it...ie the error concerns these things

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 72667452 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : F826E5D6 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini100603-06.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

any takers?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The error dump will tell you a bit more, if you open it and read it.

If you turn off the automatic restart you may also gain more info.

Control Panel - System - Advanced - System Failure uncheck Automatically Restart.

The "serious error" is likely to be happening on boot up I suspect, not as a result of the last shutdown. If o'c is the cause its likely to be some esoteric RAM timing issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice