1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by NRG478, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NRG478

NRG478 Thread Starter

Hi ,I'm having a problem with an Error Message i get upon start up It started happening round 6:45pm or so last night when i start the computer it Prompt's me with a box saying "Microsoft Windows" .."The system has recovered from a serious error"
    So i clicked on the error report and it states this.."Error signature
    BCCode:76 BCP1: 00000000 BCP2:8232CB10 BCP3:00000002
    BCP4:00000000 OSVER:5_1_2600 SP:0_0 Product:768_1

"Error Report Contents The following files will be included in this error report :C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011302-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml" Any idea's?. Befor last night this has never happened to me befor so im stumped. My system specs are as follows

1700mhz pent 4
    512mb sdram memory
    80gig ultra dma hard drive
    32mb graphics card
    windows xp home edition

If anyone has any idea's Please Respond

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Did the computer go ahead and start?

Have you looked at the event viewer to see if it logged and error message? You can get to this by right clicking on My Computer and choosing manage.

I have seen a few of these, but they are so cryptic and Microsoft does not really offer any info on them on thier website that about all I can tell about the error is that you are running XP without a service pack.

3. NRG478

NRG478 Thread Starter

Yes iv turned it off completely and then hit the power button 3 seperate times to make sure it wasnt just an false error and when the screen comes on it prompts the same box everytime the serious error message after i hit the send error report to the microsoft server i can still get on the internet and do normal stuff go to any site ect ect.Iv been running xp ever sense i got the system cuz it came already built in i got it bout almost two months ago and this is the first time iv had any errors relating to windows iv even tried disk clean up and defragmenting just in case and i still get the error.

4. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Well, you just answered my next question....I was going to ask if maybe it was an upgrade and to see about updated drivers.

I saw some problems with the Audigy soundcard from Creative that had some driver problems when upgrading to XP.

Can you access the file that it sends to see if maybe it mentions any thing intelligable? (Unlike my spelling sometimes :rolleyes: )

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice