1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious freezing after failed graphics driver update.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dkenos, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dkenos

Dkenos Thread Starter

I hope this is the right place to post.

I have been having trouble with Mass Effect Andromeda and minor freezing during gameplay. Nothing really major, just annoying pauses in the flow of the graphics and all even in low despite using 2 AMD 390X cards, a Ryzen 7 1700X, and a MSI gaming pro carbon motherboard.

I thought I could fix it with a driver update, but not only did the update fail to go through, now anything that loads causes my computer to freeze. It froze for 10 minutes until all of my software finished booting during the startup, and another 10 minutes while trying to login to Origin.

I have no idea what is going on, and I don't know where to begin to fix it. Please don't ask for a DXdiag because it's impossible to operate this thing right now. Just know I'm running on the 17.4.4 ReLive driver, and for some reason, my computer failed to sucessfully install the 17.7.2 update.

This problem happened before when I tried to install the 17.6.6 version as well, but I was able to fix it by rolling back the driver. I can't now, so now I don't know what to do. Any help ASAP would be great.

2. Dkenos

Dkenos Thread Starter

Status Update: I hit the reset button after my computer froze while I was uninstalling my drivers completely and, somehow, this not only fixed the problem so far, but it also finished the installation of the latest update as well. The only problem so far is when I click on the gaming icon in the AMD Radeon Settings and the program completely stops working. I can live with that since I don't tinker with them that much, but I would still really like to know what the F*#%tapuss is going on with my computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1193870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice