1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious Hardware/OS problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Antivoid, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Antivoid

Antivoid Thread Starter

Just before i went on holiday (this was 3 weeks ago) one of my 2 (SLI) 6800GT Graphics cards overheated and broke. I removed it switched to 1 graphics card and tried to get onto windows with no avail. I left til when i got back from holiday (Today) turned the computer on, it worked fine, minus the 1 graphics card, i then went to plug my headset (which i had in already and was using i just took it out to listen to music) plugged it back in and the computer crashed. Now i use Auidigy ZS Pro so i was plugging it in round the back. I rebooted the computer it loaded into windows fine except no sounds, and windows media player was saying there was a problem so i rebooted again and now, with the sound card in or out it freezes on the Start windows normally screen.

I am currently using my old HDD which is running fine without the card in, i havent tried it with it in yet as i might have to reboot the other HDD anyway because that is 200 gig and i would much prefer to use that one. If any of you have any ideas of how i can fix this without a reboot then please help.

Joe.:confused:

EDIT

When i try to boot from my normal HDD i click start windows normally and a white line goes accross the very bottom very quickly like a loading screen then does nothing.

2. titanium_soul

titanium_soul

format the hard disk and see if that solves the problem

3. Antivoid

Antivoid Thread Starter

Yes that is what i was thinking, is there a chance i may have damaged teh sound card also? because if i have then i have had 1 unlucky summer.

4. titanium_soul

titanium_soul

have you tried the soundcard in your old hard drive also if one thing blows in a pc like your graphics card it can also wipe things out with it

5. Antivoid

Antivoid Thread Starter

Well this hard drive has none of the drivers for any of my hardware so it would be difficult, and my soundcard was fine until i plugged in my headset which caused it to make a high pitched sound and the computer crashed.

6. titanium_soul

titanium_soul

it could be your headset if your still getting sound through speakers its not the soundcard try INSTALLING A NEWER DRIVER BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE THE headset is nacked like and sorry bout caps lol

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds to me like power issue....what psu wattage and brand are you running?

8. titanium_soul

titanium_soul

i wouldnt have said its a power issue if its only a mic but u may have a point if it made a graphics card fail lol

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice