1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious Help needed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by blknyte, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blknyte

blknyte Thread Starter

:eek: I really Need help.

Was compressing the drive on my desktop computer. In the middle of the compression the electricity went out for the neighborhood. Six hours hours later the power is back but I can't boot my computer. I even tried to run the repair utility for the Windows 7 - it seemed to work but the same message appeared.

"BSDEY is compressed
    Ctrl+alt+del to restart your computer"

Which starts a vicious circle. I need serious help.

System is Dell Dimension E520 Intel(r) Corel(tm) 2 cpu [email protected]
    2 Gb DDR2 SDRAM memory @ 667 MHz speed
    Windows 7 - OP SYS
    :eek:
    :( And wouldn't you know it I just throw out my last back-up in the last house move.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Guess what, I think you have lost everything and will have to do a clean install of the OS and ALL programs and what data you MAY be able to find on your stored backups.

3. blknyte

blknyte Thread Starter

:( That really bites. Thanks for the help!!

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I would NEVER compress a drive, as you have found out all kinds of problems will pop up.

5. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

It is too late now, but what you did is something you NEVER should do without first having a current and known good backup.

You have found out why. You have indeed almost positively left your drive in a state where you won't be able to recover it.

Why would you ever throw out a backup? I have backups going back 15 years. And it was only a year ago I had to root back almost 10 years to find the backup of a file that had a certain value to me but which had become lost on the current system (daughter playing with a microphone when she was maybe 5-6 years old, having a "radio station" on the 'puter).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!