Serious networking problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LumpiestLump

So I've had a pretty bad day so far battling with my newly repaired laptop. I sent it to a service center for repairs and it came back with some issues most of which I have fixed. But I cannot connect to my network. When I first turned it on It just refused to search for networks it just said unavailable and I couldn't even scan for a network. So I un and reinstalled my wireless driver within my laptop and that made it able to scan and detect networks. But it didn't find my network. All other devices in my house can connect to it perfectly. Not sure if this has something to do with the internet or my laptop.

My alternative is to pay an absurd $150 for geek squad to come in and see whats up and I'm really not down with it.

I have windows 8 btw

any help is much appreciated :)

kanaitpro

Account Closed
from metro, type cmd, then right click the icon and say run as administrator. then type the following commands, one at a time and hit enter after each one. then reboot. see if that helps.

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

netsh dump

nbtstat -R

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset

TerryNet

Terry
Can you connect by ethernet?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the PC manufacturer's web site (assuming you are using an integrated wireless adapter).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online