1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious networking problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by LumpiestLump, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LumpiestLump

LumpiestLump Thread Starter

So I've had a pretty bad day so far battling with my newly repaired laptop. I sent it to a service center for repairs and it came back with some issues most of which I have fixed. But I cannot connect to my network. When I first turned it on It just refused to search for networks it just said unavailable and I couldn't even scan for a network. So I un and reinstalled my wireless driver within my laptop and that made it able to scan and detect networks. But it didn't find my network. All other devices in my house can connect to it perfectly. Not sure if this has something to do with the internet or my laptop.

My alternative is to pay an absurd $150 for geek squad to come in and see whats up and I'm really not down with it.

I have windows 8 btw

any help is much appreciated :)

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

from metro, type cmd, then right click the icon and say run as administrator. then type the following commands, one at a time and hit enter after each one. then reboot. see if that helps.

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

netsh dump

nbtstat -R

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can you connect by ethernet?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the PC manufacturer's web site (assuming you are using an integrated wireless adapter).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice