Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious of crashes on new laptop

669 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rachael38 
#1 ·
Hello, new here.

I've had a new Sony Vaio VGB-FW51JF since December, and as well as a number of largely resolved external hardware problems, I'm having increasingly annoying problems with it just suddenly dying with no warning. I get usually a black screen, but sometimes a fade (reminiscent of how my last laptops screen died), sometimes a white screen, and sometimes a flashy grainy screen. It happens more than often with videos and games, so much so that I've stopped using full screen, but at other times it just happens out of nowhere (such as straight after another crash a minute ago as soon as I loaded my browser). I have to turn off and then on again to get going,

I'm running Windows 7 on an Intel Core Duo, 2.13GHZ, 4GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570.

If anyone can provide any assistance, it'd be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling it may be a graphics card issue, but am baffled as it's such a new unit.

Really don't want to send it back to Sony again as I have need for it quite a bit at the moment.

Please ask me for anymore information. I can't remember how to access my error/crash history as I did a while back after searching forums, but remember seeing a number of critical errors leading to unexpected shutdowns, I assume this may help.

See less See more
#3 ·
As it is a laptop, i'm assuming that the graphics are being provided by onboard graphics from the motherboard. What i'd suggest is update the drivers from the m/board website. There could also be issues with IRQ conflict or system resources, check out what is being used when you initially boot the machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.