1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious problem, BSOD after Malware removal attempt

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by BuRnT.SaWcE, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuRnT.SaWcE

BuRnT.SaWcE Thread Starter

Hi everyone, just today I found out (through popups and processes running etc) that my PC had been infected with malware. I ran Ad-Aware, but first I ran hijackthis and tried to fix the problem in that way. Hijackthis wasn't able to remove everything clearly as i recall.. so I ran Ad-aware. It removed about 10 different malware programs but one did not remove completely.. it stated "Could not remove (malware), will attempt to remove at next startup." so, I figured it would.. the Malware started with an "M" name but i don't remember which..

Anyways, i restarted and now I'm getting a BSOD right after the Windows Xp splash screen. BSOD code c000021a.

I really need help with this, every time it does the same thing and just keeps on restarting. I have tried running in safe mode, repairing with XP disk, all the likes. I can use my mouse and keyboard just fine and I could really, really use any help with this. The recovery console I think may help fix it.. it's one of the only things I can possibly access windows with. Please respond if you can.

Thanks very, very much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/763810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice