1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious Problem Operating System Not Found on Computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by neely99, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neely99

neely99 Thread Starter

Not sure if this is the right forum for this because it seems to be an issue in a few different parts of the computer but here's the problem.
    When I start my son's IBM Laptop, the IBM Logo comes up and then some sort of clicking/whirring sound comes from where the Hard Disk Drive on the computer is. AFter this occurs for a few seconds it searches the computer for something and then the following message comes up:
    PXE=E6I: Media Test Failure, Check Cable
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
    Operating Systems Not Found

After that nothing happens. I'm pretty much a novice with computers, so I'm really not sure about any kind of hardware-related issues, which is what it seems like this probably is. Any help or suggestions that anyone has, I would be grateful. I realize there is a good possibility I will have to take this to a pro to get it fixed, but its a Saturday, so if anyone has any suggestions that I may be able to try before Monday, please let me know.
    THANKS!

2. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

It sounds like you may need a new harddrive. To be sure, make sure all the harddrive cables are firmly connected, especially the power. If it's an ATA disk, try a different slot on the IDE cable and make sure the jumpers on the disk are set correctly.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

That's a dead hard drive and you need to buy a new one and install Windows. the clicking sound that is not new, was indicating for some time it was about to go, and I'm afraid this is what happens when we ignore the signs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/666038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice