Serious problem win 98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sirloin_alot

When i boot my comp i get to the desk top and i get an error message that says "program not found" "Windows can not find loadpe.com" "this file is needed for opeing files of type Application". i get the same error when i try to do ANYTHING, that includes defragment, scandisk, find, even help. Also when i try to open any games or other things like that. when it ask me to locate the file manually it says its in C:\windows\system but it isn't there. im assuming i need to get this file some how. any help will much appreciated.

evan

sirloin_alot

ok i scaned the disk using the online av and the norton anti virus, now i know i have to restore all the exe files back to their original string. how do i do this?

Hi sirloin_alot,

I read through that link posted by Nothingface,
and it seems quite involved.

If there is nothing on your system that you
cannot afford to lose,
then you could consider a format.

If however you want to keep the stuff on your PC
then work your way through the instructions on
that link. If you get stuck or dont understand
anything post back for advice.

Best of luck with it,
John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online