1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious Problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DrkSdBls, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DrkSdBls

DrkSdBls Thread Starter

OK. Awhile back I posted that after the first Hurricane down here, my Power Supply started to Fritz out on me from time to time. Well, shortly after that, We got hit the second time and at that point, My Power Supply quit completely. I tried turning it on and nothing! Only a slight hum from the back.

Well, got a new one like was suggested but, at first, when I plugged it up and turned it on the Fans started going and all the "Bells and Whistles" started but that was it. My monitor wouldn't work and my Drives wouldn't boot. Then my Speaker started Beeping! Long, continous Beeps like a Error beep or something. I thought "Oh no. The storm must have blown out my MotherBoard." So, I left it alone, contemplating what I should do next. A couple days later, I decided to check it out again and, after unpluging the new PS and pluging it back up, I tried it again and suddenly it worked. Don't know what happened but it suddenly worked fine........... Or so I thought.

Now, every so often, the power to my computer keeps flicking on and off, worse then it did before the first time I posted! Sometimes, the power will flick off again hardly before it has reloaded!

Now I'm lost! I can do anything for very long with it like this. HELP!!!

2. junker39

junker39

Sounds like a power problem from the wall plug on back to maybe the breaker box. If you know how, check the breaker connections and wires in the plug. If you are not totally aware of the procedures, hire an electrician to check it out. BTW, if you are using a surge protector, try running your system without to ensure that is not the problem. Good luck.

3. shadowcat

shadowcat

You also may want to invest in a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) like the ones by APC. It gives you a few minutes of steady electricity for you to power down the computer properly in the event of brown/black outs.

4. DrkSdBls

DrkSdBls Thread Starter

After a little testing, I've come to the conclusion that there is some Interruption somewhere on the motherboard. I disconnected everything besides the motherboard and found that, even though there's power running through the Power Supply, the CPU Fan seam to have had difficulty getting power to it.

And now, it still seams to "Hiccup" every so often.

Oddly enough, the Built-in Speaker is starting to make really odd noises. The Powersupply too. At least, I think it's coming from there. I can't quite tell.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice