Serious problems with Macbook Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ryanleh

So a bunch of little things started randomly happening with my Macbook Pro (2009 I believe). Everything runs fine for a few hours usually and suddenly the CPU will randomly start maxing out with no processes running, applications will randomly crash/stop working/not start when you click on them. Nothing I could figure out to stop this except restarting computer. When I log out or try to shut down the screen goes black except for a pop-up "Security Agent Unapproved Caller". I'm not able to click it away so I have to force the computer off. After restart things will work fine for a while before they reset. I've booted it in safe mode with same results. I've started using Ubuntu which tends to work better.... but it will still have the same problem happen (applications crashing or not starting) and every two days or so I have to run a manual fsck on the hard drive in order for it to work. Not sure if I just have a really annoying virus or the hardware is simply failing.

keltic1der

Donald
The simplest way to get rid of this error message is to boot into Safe Mode, then reboot as normal. Amongst other things, this flushes out many system level caches, which should resolve the Unapproved Caller message.
  1. Reboot the Mac and immediately hold down the SHIFT key, continue holding shift until the loading bar appears
  2. Let the Mac boot into Safe Mode, which will automatically dump caches
  3. When completed, go to the Apple menu and choose “Restart” to reboot the Mac as normal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online