1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious Router Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by FLCL, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FLCL

FLCL Thread Starter

Hi everyone, i am having a problem with my router recently and have not seemed to be able to find a permanent solution. here is the problem: I have a 2-wire 2700 HG now, what i have done is logged into the firewall of the router, and port forwarded selective ports and until recently worked perfect, now suddenly all these ports are being firewalled! This is highly irritating because it either completely blocks connection on these ports or limits it. I have checked the settings and they are still there, but are not doing there job. My computer runs off a long Ethernet cord from the router in the other room, to my computer. Before connecting to my computer it goes through a Linksys switch, so that i can have more than one thing plugged in at once. My computer has is running ZA (Zone Alarm) firewall, which has yet to give me any fuss over these things. The only solution i have been able to do, is go into the router and take off these forwarded ports from my list, then sign off it, sign back in and enter them again to my computers list. This only works for 1-2 days, and then it goes right back to firewalling the ports again. What is going on? :confused:Please help.:(

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like the 2WIRE router has a problem. Some things you can try here.

1. Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
    2. Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

3. FLCL

FLCL Thread Starter

Yeah, ive checked the updates and unfortunatley there were none. I realized that it was only for a while, once i checked later on in the night, everything was working so i wasnt sure why it would only do that for a time frame. I tried a little experiment and will know today if it worked. I normally turn my power strip at night, which has my linksys switch plugged into it. I tried leaving it on to see if maybe it was an issue with the Linksys, and when i botted up and checked everything worked fine, so im begging to think that may have been the problem, maybe luck but ill know by whether or not it works today.

4. FLCL

FLCL Thread Starter

It would seem nothing is corrected, although I cannot be sure that it would not have been corrected. I came home to find the main router being reset several times. This could have possibly altered results. I will try and reset to factory defaults.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697079

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice