1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Serious System Error Msgs

Discussion in 'Networking' started by iamjodi, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iamjodi

iamjodi Thread Starter

Hi..

Sometime soon after setting up a wireless network between my desktop & laptop, I uninstalled Norton Anti-virus & installed PC-cillan 2003, along with Group Mail & the My Way Speedbar on my laptop. Then, shortly afterwards, I started getting error messages such as "The System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" (below).

Error Signature BCCode : c2 BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 00000CD4 BCP3 : 00000001 BCP4 : FFA08920 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product: 768_1 Technical Info C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021803-01.dmp C:\DOCUME~1\jodi\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Microsoft says it could be a device driver that isn't compatible with Windows, something related to PPPOE or WAN or something like that, or some software I installed.

Since I supposedly have a router from D-Link with a firewall already installed, I uninstalled the firewall from PC-cillan & changed the WAN Miniport Driver for AOL from automatic to manual, but it didn't help. I checked with the guy who wirelessly networked me and he says it's not anything to do with that, but I'm not sure he really knows.

So, here I am. Can anyone help?

Jodi

2. Del

Del

Are you using DSL with AOL?

3. iamjodi

iamjodi Thread Starter

I have a cable connection that is hardwired to my desktop computer, and my laptop is wirelessly networked to that . AOL is installed and I use it, but not to get online.

4. frogpb

frogpb

I cannot offer any help, only sympathy as I am having the same problem with a brand new HP Pavilion. Lost two motherboards on my last computer-both burned up and never had any problems untile the DSL and Networking. I have a Netgear MR814 and a Netopia Cayman 341 DSL Modem. I called Netgear and they say not their problem. Isp says Not DSL. I dis-connected my Ethernet this morning and put the computer back on the dial up. Going to test it out. Good luck and I will continue to check back with your post or you can see if I get any responses from mine.

5. AciDriveHB

AciDriveHB

What OS are you running on your laptop? Do you do any Windows updates? There is a patch/fix for a problem exactly like that as one of the Windows updates for Windows XP.

The thing is every now and then I do the update (I always format then do all the updates before anything else) and I still get that message. So, maybe thats your problem that kind of crept in?

6. MITotaku

MITotaku

It's probably an IRQ conflict between the notebook and D-link wireless adapter. I have the same notebook and PCMCIA card, and it just seems like there are not enough system resources available for the card to function without causing the system to crash. I have tried disabling other devices, but still no luck.

7. Rockn

Rockn

Take out the wireless adapter, uninstall the drivers and utilities for the wireless networking and see if that clears it up. If it works without it the adapter, drivers or BIOS are not playing well with this adapter. Not all of them work with every PC or laptop. I had to get a USB wireless NIC in order to wirelessly connect a laptop at a friends home.

8. vr6

vr6

Hi, I also have a wireless network and a brand new HP Pavilion with wireless network adapter onboard. I also had a blue screen the first time I tried to connect to the network. I thoght it wasn't important, rebooted and everything was ok.
    But the day after that, after using the notebook for a while, the blue screen came back. But I coudn't restart the machine, it hanged in the bios screen or it was a full black screen. After a while, i tried again and the Win XP boots normal, and the serious error message appears, with BCCODE:10000007E
    BCP1:C0000005 BCP2 etc ect and Product:768_1.
    I had the notebook for 5 days and I had a blue screen like that everyday
    but I can't read the message, the machine just reboots.
    I'm worried, do you think it's a hardware issue, do I have to go to HP for a RMA? Or do you believe the error is due the wireless network?
    I want to know if you can't just restart windows or if you have problems turning the notebook a few times like me.

Thank you very much!

VR6

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!