1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

serious windows error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twizzie, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

idk if hardware is the right place to put this, actualy ir most likely isn't.

There was a "very serious" error that occurred for thethird time since christmas when finished making my computer. There is this blue screen, right after I click shut down. It tells me to do the following:

1. Check for adequete disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable or check with the manufacturer for driver update. Try changing video adapters.

2. Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. (and it goes on how to use safe mode)

I just need to know what exactly I need to do to fix this problem, i'm kinda lost with this driver and video adapter stuff.

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

Please post your system specs...let's see what you're working with here.

3. jmtechserv

jmtechserv

You might want to include any non standard peripherals plugged into the motherboard or USB ports.

4. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I shut down the comp. yesterday at like 12, so i didnt have time to stay up for a reply. Anyway, I have a seagate 250gb hdd, 1GB of DDR2 Ram, a ECCS Mobo. Video card is Ati EAX1600PRO (256MB), no sound card (yet). The chip is a Intel P4 Hyper-Threading Technology running at a whopping 3.2 ghz. (well whopping to me). Anything else u need to know just reply. thanks for the help.

5. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

o and about the non-standard stuff, I have a 802.11g WLAN card plugged in the pci slot

6. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

6 hours, no reply, idont know why but imnot dissapointed lol ,anyone????

7. telegramsam

telegramsam

Run CPU-Z so we can see the exact model of your motherboard...

Download, unzip, and run the little icon with the picture of the CPU...

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Also run Belarc--this will tell you if any Windows updates have failed or aren't current.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Then, open your device manager and see if you have any exclamation marks or question marks showing.

I've had this error on one of my builds and it turned out to be a video driver that just wasn't doing the job for one reason or another. Sometimes you need a BIOS update.

Let's check for the easy/obvious stuff first, then we'll look a little closer at your driver setup.

8. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

im 64 bit platform i dk... I'm shutting down for the night, so when you get back on, let me know if this x86 stuff is safe or will work for 64-bit, otherwise Ill just try to dig up some reciepts, Also on cpuid.com, how do i actually start the program? Thers a bucnch of explanation of command prompt. I just dont see the download thing, is it the red check mark? thanks

9. jmtechserv

jmtechserv

Good evening twizzie

A few baseline questions if you don’t mind?

I take it this is a home grown machine.

-What Version of Windows are you running? SP??

-Did you install all of the driver supplied for the Motherboard? Specifically
    the chipset drivers.

-Are you current with all of the Windows updates?

-Are there any devices in device manager showing errors?

10. telegramsam

telegramsam

Scroll all the way down until you see a 1.38 highlighted in blue. That's the version number. There's no reason this wouldn't be safe in an x64 environment.

So you mean to say that you are running XP 64 bit? I know that driver support for that isn't perfect yet...

Don't forget to check your device manager for errors...that will be the first thing to check when you have problems like this.

11. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

for jmtechserv - yes i just built it for x-mas im using windows xp x64 pro, sp1

when u say drivers, do u mean the cd that came with the mobo? if so, I'm pretty sure, I installed bunch of stuff, dont remember specifically which one, but I'll find out.

My windows updates are automatic, so im hoping so, my .NET frame thingymajig is 2.0

Also, i went to device manager, theres something weird about my video card driver. (but this problem started before i got my video card) It says that my drivers aren't installed. When I got my VC, I tryed to install the drivers, but im 64, and the drivers were 32, so there was this conflict. I went online and updated the stuff. Suddenly my VC was working. But, everytime I start the comp, it says "new hardware found" I dont understand whats going on. I installed the updated drivers. (also there was a file in the driver from the VC that was named "WINXPX64" I clicked that file, there was countless numbers of files, i clicked setup.exe, but it wudnt let me cuz i didnt have .NET Framework updated to 2.0) I'm guessing the video card's actual drivers weren't installed, but the ones from the website (the updated versions) installed. I know what ur thinking right now...lol if you have any questions, or any solutions, any help is appreciated. Thanks

12. jmtechserv

jmtechserv

XP 64bit ???

Well there's a Big Red Flag.

13. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

another weird thing is that its saying i have 2 cpus, is that b/c i have HP tech?? the same thing i see when im at task manager, it has two graphs for the cpu usage

14. telegramsam

telegramsam

Is that a Sapphire card? Asus? ...who makes it?

We need to hunt down a compatible driver for you. That should fix this problem.

15. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

its an Asus EAX1600PRO (ATI)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice